Thursday, January 10, 2013

God sees the real me




"Children are very nice observers, and will often perceive your slightest defects. In general, those who govern children, forgive nothing in them, but everything in themselves." François Fénelon (1651-1715) 

How often I overlook my  own sin. God sees the real me.

François Fénelon is my excitement of the day. I discovered him this morning when I was doing my 'other discipline, the one that I do by myself and when I do not have other family members organizing my day. I write in this blog on a thought from the Episcopal Daily Lectionary. I am often struct by the similarities between the general attitude of society now and that prevalent at the times of Isaiah and Amos. I think it must have been similar three hundred years ago too. 

We judge others, but not ourselves. We think that our way s right and that God approves of our behaviour.

Read more François Fénelon quotes  and about the person

No comments: