Thursday, January 31, 2013

Me time

Mark 6:30-46

As a teenager one of our sons had a problem coming home after he had been away. It was not that he ran away and we did not see him, he had a problem with family life. I learnt that it was a good idea, however inconvenient, to make a visit to somewhere interesting on the way home.
The disciples had been trusted away by themselves and they wanted to tell Jesus all about it. He suggested a little time out, away from the crowds. a special time when he could listen to his special helpers. it was not to be. The crowds followed them to the secluded place. Jesus had compassion on the crowd. He fed the crowed not only spiritually but physically too.
I hope that I can put other's needs before my own agenda. Perhaps more importantly to make time for them so that I can be aware of their needs, whatever I feel I need for myself. Is this fasting from 'self' as opposed to food?

No comments: