Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Right and left, right and wrong

Revelation 2:8-17

I know that my eye sight is better without my glasses than my husband's is with his glasses so I decided to try the eye tes for my new driving licence on my fiftieth birthday without the aid of spectacles. I could not see the digits and letters at all at the end of the viewer. They seemed to be off stage right. I was worried and owned up that perhpas I should try with my glasses. Still no complete number plate. I closed one eye, then tried with the other. Yes with peripheral vision  not hampered by two eyes trying to work together I saw the complete picture.
I was very amused when I was later casually cleaning the lenses and discovered that the eye which I had used had almost plain glass in the space of a lens. yes I view long distance with my left eye and near with my right eye. An ophthalmic optician has since commented to me that his wife had spent of hundreds of dollars to have the same facility in her sight.
I might be ready equipped for seeing the material things of life but how is my spiritual sight? How good am I at telling right from wrong?

No comments: