Tuesday, January 22, 2013

My gods

Isaiah 44: 9-20

I was made a dress for Naomi's doll that was a miniature version of a dress that I had made for Naomi. On another occasion the project was to make a mediaeval dress for Becky. I had a basic pattern and  book of medieval dresses. I wanted to put the two together. I made a prototype for a doll. Usually if I have an idea for a pattern I can make the item, be it clothing or window coverings. It is a very satisfying feeling to know that what you are looking at started from nothing by just by your talents is a beautiful item. I do not bow to it.  I know that it cannot save me. But whilst considering the pride that I have in the results of my work  I started thinking about other points for pride for me and something  far more insidious occurred to me, education. Yes the result of my education is something of which I can be proud, not that I use it. What I find startling is the pedestal on which we place education. I even find it too painful to talk about.




No comments: