Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Chocolate with Lavender


Psalm 119:145-176, 128, 129, 130
Exod. 7:8-24


That one is really good. I thought it a strange combination but it is simply delicious. I wish I could post some and you could try it. English lavender is difficult to grow in Texas but for quite a few years I had some French lavender planted with cottage pinks. I thought it looked good and the fragrance was almost as good as English lavender, I suppose it was not so strong which might be good as English lavender certainly lets you know when it is around.
Fifty years ago life was more openly competitive. I took the 11+ exam. We had to go to the local grammar school to sit the exam. We were lined up in desks a measured distance apart just as if we were taking A level or Advanced Placement exams. Writing was less of my thing then than now. Part way through the essay writing time I was distracted by fresh bread. Crusty bread with a soft white filling. I knew what it was as I regularly bought bread next to that school. It was the pre-lunchtime bake. The aroma of fresh bread wafted into the hall. How could one possible concentrate on a life-changing essay with fresh bread being tantalizingly baked next door. I could not see that bread but I could certainly taste it.
So it is with God. Unseen but known by the fragrance emanating from those who love him. hope Fresh bread and lavender or even lavender filled chocolate or bad egg?



No comments: