Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Sharing ( for Thursday)

Psalms 42, 43, 85, 86
Gen. 46:1-7,28-34


I have to admit that when it comes to sharing I am more of a receiver than a giver. I will almost count the crumbs to make sure that nobody has a larger piece of cake than me. A friend who had been given some choice asparagus once insisted on giving me some. I resisted because I knew that in the same situation I would have kept the whole lot and enjoyed every mouthful. She won though with the statement that it is good to share a treat. Now I agree. Have a good piece of Belgian chocolate, eat half, give half to a friend then you can both enjoy the gastronomic delight and talk about the pleasure too. That way you have two treats.
Personally I believe in miracles, that bread and fish materialized from nowhere for 5000 men and some women and children too. However an ungenerous person enjoying sharing is a miracle in itself and if that is what happened on this occasion- those 5000 men led by the example of a little lad getting out their picnics and sharing with their neighbor then so be it.
This blog is early because tomorrow we are going on a day-trip to England, probably to Rye, Winchelsea and of course a grocery store.

No comments: