Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Psalms 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127
Exod. 5:1-6:1

I cut off my right hand because I place food, food that I do not need, in my mouth with it and taught my children to do likewise. My left had goes as I write things that should not be written. Both feet disappear when I go to places that I should not when I should be doing something else- I go shopping when I should be visiting. Perhaps that takes care of my legs and eyes too. Setting a bad example is easy. Once the example is followed then I have caused a little one to sin. Sinning is so easy. My tongue is looking at the half eaten bar of chocolate which my waistline knows should stay in the packet. To eat it would be a misuse of the body that God has given me. "Sticks and stones may break my bones but words can never harm me". Maybe, but I know that my words have shown my children a side of life that is not God centred. The tongue is definitely missing from my body.
What is left? The parts that Jesus saved.

No comments: