Saturday, March 6, 2010

The Lord is my Shepherd


Psalm 23, 27, 75, 76
Genesis 43:16-34

David's example of praise and trust is difficult to follow. Have a try with me.


1 The LORD is my shepherd, I shall not be in want.

2 He makes me lie down in green pastures,

he leads me beside quiet waters,

I trust you to provide for my basic needs. Usually when we have a problem you resolve it. Why else are we living in Belgium.

3 he restores my soul.
He guides me in paths of righteousness
for his name's sake.

I wonder why we are here? I am sure there is a reason other than my ability to make coffee on a Friday when no other person is available.

4 Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil,
for you are with me;
your rod and your staff, they comfort me.

When we experienced death we felt that you were close to us in the love and support that our friends gave us.

5 You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies.
You anoint my head with oil;
my cup overflows.

You get me out of sticky situations.

6 Surely goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life,
and I will dwell in the house of the LORD
forever.

I do not doubt that you will continue to look after em all my life.


This image is in the public domain because it contains materials that originally came from the Agricultural Research Service, the research agency of theUnited States Department of Agriculture.


No comments: