Sunday, March 14, 2010

The world is round


Psalms 19, 46, 66, 67
Gen. 48:8-22


I believe that the world is round. But why would I do such an illogical thing. When I go for a walk the land seems to have ups and downs but no continuous curve to it. The only evidence for a round world is outside my own little world. I have to believe the evidence of those who have travelled further than me. And if the world is round why don't I slip down the side? I am told that something called gravity keeps my feet on 'level' ground. What is the evidence for gravity?
Many people for many years believed that the world is round. New evidence was introduced and we now know that the world is not a plane surface.
Jesus was asked "What miraculous sign will you give that we may see it and believe you?" He had been doing miracles almost non-stop but these people wanted their own special sign, one literally to prove that Jesus is the Son of God. They were not willing to read the signs of compassion and creation.
Believing can be difficult, we have to overcome our prejudice.
From the other side we need to share our stories and actions of Jesus in our life. That is why I am doing this.


Click here for image details

No comments: