Saturday, January 14, 2012

20-20 Vision or Rubbish!

"I can build the temple in three days". What a load of rubbish, it took forty -six years to build the Temple. Maybe it's just another of his funny doings. Thirty years later they remembered the quote and saw that it was true. How often it is with hindsight we see how events as God saw them with foresight.
This is what I wanted to write today but Noah keeps coming back into my mind. It is a really uncomfortable thought.
God said "Build a boat". Noah did not say "That is stupid. I will look a fool to the neighbours" or "I'll never get the wife to agree to that."  He made the investment in wood and time. He followed God's instructions to the letter.
Other people have looked a fool for God too. Jackie Pullinger for one went against all logic in following the prompt to leave the security of Sutton,  Surrey and went to Hong Kong. Not me, I might change my plans for a day, make a telephone call, write a letter all sort of prompted by thoughts from God but build a boat or travel the seas-no. I did do a degree course nudged by a Christian friend but that was not out on the same league of limbs as an ark.
However I hope that the world is a little warmer because of the small things that I have done at God's beck and call.
To read the whole passage about the disciples click here and Noah here

No comments: