Thursday, January 26, 2012

Easter's Love

When I was sick Easter Minto made soup and drove it out to my house. This was in the days when the rest of the church was worried about Easter being behind a wheel. The soup was delicious and fed my family for two days. I never got round to asking her for the recipe. Now the world is without Easter but I can tell the story of her love, her practical love. The love that sacrificed her time and got her through the Houston rush hour traffic to demonstrate that the fact that she knew that Jesus loved her and to share that love with me.
Easter often said "I don't want any more Bible Study. I have read my Bible. I want to know where Jesus is in your life. I want to hear about Jesus in the here and now."
Yes we can search the scriptures to discover how God wants us to learn about him and come closer to him. But to use a cliché, something to which I have a great aversion, "The proof of the pudding is in the eating".
Search, yes, but live the love that you know too.

No comments: