Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Cousins



John and Jesus were cousins. No doubt John and Jesus had got up to whatever trickery little lads do and then as teenagers too. I spent hours hiding in haystacks at Rowthorne with my cousins and building sandcastles with my other cousin. My cousin-in-law (cousin's cousin) and I had own version of Cowboys and Indians - Allied Forces and Germans-on Castle  Hill at Tenby. We were the allies, tourists were the Germans. We were outnumbered but always won. Now we are grown, even getting old, we have drifted apart and seldom meet.
Twice John says "I myself did not know him". Perhaps they also had drifted apart with age. we do not know but we do know that John needed God to reveal Jesus' true identity to him.
There are people we meet daily but we do not know them as God knows them. He is the only one to know the truth inside a person.

For the complete reading click John 1:29-42

Photograph from
http://www.tenby-bed-and-breakfast.co.uk/

No comments: