Thursday, January 5, 2012

The Gospel of Peace

In November 2010 many houses in our village flooded. The commune has since caused extensive work on the little stream which flows under the main road. We seem to have had a year of mud. The grassy glade under these trees is now an ocean of mud.  I usually wear sensible shoes, whether I am walking or riding the bike to the farm for the milk. The thought of slipping off into that mud as I traverse the narrow ex-path between the ex-forest and the brook does not appeal to me. The Girl Guide (Scout) in me is not dormant. I am prepared. Elegance is left at home for the journey even though most ladies in the village wear what I would refer to as "town shoes".
I am prepared for the mud. Am I also prepared to open my mouth, put my foot in it and share the faith that I have in Jesus?

No comments: