Monday, January 30, 2012

Look, listen, learn

Remember the endless questions from growing infants. Or trying to explain a piece of homework that had not been understood in school and still was not being understood? Or how about being on the other side of the situation? I remember explaining the theorems of triangles to my friend Jane and her trying to tell me how easy it was to follow French. Never would I understand that language. it was necessary to pass O level to go to university and that I did. Just pass, understand no. Now I am surrounded by French. I have to understand or live in isolation, though many anglophones in Belgium do seem to live in a little England. We do not and if I want to buy bread in the village I am forced to open my mouth and speak in French. With practice I am improving. Last week I visited a shop where I had also been a few months ago and the assistant commented on the vast improvement in my French.
Jesus said "Look around you. There is plenty of evidence of who I am but you ask for something special, a special message individually designed for you with a label on it and given to you by the Archbishop of Canterbury."
It is the same for us. Jesus is here in our everyday life. We need to practice looking for him and listening to him.



To view the whole passage click here

No comments: