Thursday, December 17, 2009

...Closed Book

Psalm 33 50, 59, 60
Zech. 4:1-14;










closed book n. A person or thing that cannot be known or understood; something unfathomable or.
www.answers.com/topic/closed-book

Yesterday it was Open Doors, today Closed Books. It was a welcoming into life with God, now unknown and unfathomable. That is my experience of Christianity as I was trying to explain in "Wordsearch". I do not know or understand the intricacies of theology but I do know that life without God is not the way for me. I know that

You are worthy, our Lord and God,
to receive glory and honor and power,
for you created all things,
and by your will they were created
and have their being."

I know that when I walk in the forest there must be a creator. In the summer when I needed shade there was a canopy of leaves protecting me from the sun. Now that it is winter the light shines unimpeded on the pathway. There is order. If there were no God in control who could I thank and praise on my walks? Who could I grouch at when there is yet another unsuitable house? I do not know how he works or what he does. I do know that he IS. That is enough for me.

No comments: