Monday, December 7, 2009

Paths


Psalm 9, 15 25;
Amos 7:1-9;


I love hiking. It is not a pleasure that I indulge in very often. I told my 'children' that for my sixtieth birthday next year I wanted them to take me backpacking in the backcountry of the Rockies. The first problem was that Stephen told me that if I was not going to carry my own pack it was not on. I can see his logic but think that I ought to be indulged. The second problem is that we no longer live within a thousand miles of the Rockies. I shall havew to change my treat. Currently I think we shall go on a canal boat through middle England, stopping off at Stratford to see a play. Neither of these appeal to my husband who thinks that a three star hotel is camping.
Today I am ging to meet a friend of nime who I met at a Girl Guide (Scout) camp in I think 1964. She is Dutch. we have met four times since 1964, the last time being around 1981 when she and her husband visited us in Yorkshire. Every year we give each other a calendar. Today we are meeting to exchange calendars.
God's path has led us to different places and countries. Yes she had a short time living in the states when I was in England. I never thought that I would be living an hour's train journey from her. Whoever would think that they would live in Belgium? It just is not a country that is dreamt about by anyone other than Belgians. But here we are and we like it. God's path has led us to many places Tomorrow we may find a house right where God wants us next. We have not seen the signpost yet.

No comments: