Saturday, December 19, 2009

Befriended

Psalm 55, 138, 139:1-17(18-23)
Zech. 8:9-17;
Matt. 25:31-46



The first time I was conscious of Psalm 139 was at my family friend Enid's wedding. I find it a great comfort to know that God knows absolutely everything about me and is an unseen support system.
Enid's parents had incorporated me into their family. Being short of a father in my life her father, Uncle Steve, is probably the nearest person to a father in my life. Whenever there was a treat for his own daughters I was included. he was also my homework help. Uncle Steve is a fount of information on all sorts of topics. He has written the odd book or two including a book in Welsh on how to keep bees and a history of Quakers in Pembrokeshire - this one in English. On retiring Uncle Steve went to Africa to teach for 2 years and Auntie Clem had to learn to drive for the first time in her life. There are many examples of their family generosity to those in need but I think I would be undermining their humility if I listed any more. They are an inclusive family, people are welcome in their house. Which I brings me to the reading in Matthew. Need I say more? Who shall we meet today?

No comments: